Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Giant Robot and the Final Hurdles

Today was the Giant Robot talk at UIC, and I was able to meet with the founders of Giant Robot Martin Wong, and Eric Nakamura along with their friend Tim. Two very cool and down to Earth guys, and they gave a great talk about how they started their magazine, and what they thought they contributed to groups and communities with the magazines. Also, giving away issue 51 of Giant Robot. Afterwards, the staff had dinner with Eric, Martin, Tim, and Tim's guest which was awesome to actually hear from these guys. Wished I got a chance to talk more, but hey I'll be in LA in August and hopefully I'll get a chance to visit Giant Robot.


With the last AAA month event out of the way, now is back to the grind. In 14 hours I'll have a quiz in my sociology in which I have very minimal confidence of on, but hey you'll never know. Also, need to finish my final for Computer Graphics, which seems to be coming along, but not as I imagined, but it'll get done. Which leads me to a series of thoughts lately that I seriously doubt myself a lot of times, and I wonder if is a mechanism I set for myself in order for me to push much harder. Sometimes I know this is as much I can do as an individual, but somehow is not enough for me at all. Hopefully, I can finish this semester unscathed because I feel like I'm cutting it really close somehow. Anyways, that's my rant to the empty burrows of the internet.

Til next time,
-DMEI

No comments: