Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Short: Tearing My Own Paper Heart

On my way to the A+A building, a funny thought occurred as I was walking. It was probably influences from the Mayer Hawthorne music video, "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out".

The scene goes as such, a young man is walking with a cut out of a heart constructed from red construction paper. He approaches the young woman shyly. He slowly and hesitantly hands her the paper heart. She slowly takes it from, and she holds it close. Her expression isn't so much joy, but a slight confusion. The young man is quiet, he then takes the heart back. With the heart in his hands he pulls at it, shredding it to confetti. He tosses it up in the air then walks away. The young woman is confused.

I don't know why I was thinking of that, it gave me a chuckle though.

-David M.

2 comments:

Nik said...

i've never heard of Mayer Hawthorne so i'm watching the music vid and i'm appalled, thinking to myself, "WHY Eddie Kaye Thomas? Why?! Emo soul?! Stick to being a MILF-er!"

now, i would like to say the same to you, David, but i suppose that would be highly inappropriate and immoral.

DMei4 said...

I don't think I'm MILF-er material, that's why I'm so into emo-soul at the moment.