Saturday, May 10, 2008

The End, The Beginning

So given the context of the post is the end of the year. Yea! but before I can jump for joy and throw glitter all around, I had to get through the dreaded finals week. Given that I'm sure I did all fine and dandy, but the last stretch was a killer. Had a major headache the day before, and only manage to study about 8 hours for over 200 slides for an Art History final, and after taking the exam I was more than confident that I showed who was boss. Also, the fact I woke up at 5:30 am to get to school just to ensure that I will be there on time.

Following the festivities of enduring such a long and pointless exam it was still 10 in the morning. So, Aaron, Francisco and I decided to go downtown to Blicks and pick up some supplies. Francisco bought some paint and canvas (I'm hoping for him to paint sad clowns). Well, I bought an ink stone, ink stick, and some sumi ink. I'm planning to experiment with inks over the summer and hopefully do something sensational.

After all the rambling of the early morning I manage to get home at noon for a nap. Only to be awaken by loud rants from my brother who just stayed at home playing Warcraft for the the majority of his waking hours.

Push the arms on the clock a lot further, I went back to campus (a great way to end the school year, no?) to see the senior show. It was a lot better than I expected, a lot meaning I wasn't expecting a lot, but I was impress. Also, the punch and lemonade was great. Then off at 7 I go to get ready to see Iron Man with some other friends.

So Guo, Danny, Simon, and I went to see Iron Man catching the 9:15 show and getting there 5 minutes after the start of the trailer left us with no good seats, but I digress cause the movie was kick ass, given that it wasn't the graphic orgy I was thinking it was going to be. It heavily focused on character, a thing most people forget about heroes is that they're human beings and not just people with super powers to entertain us. After the movie while in the John I noticed something a tad odd. Someone apparently decided to go commando in the theater as I find a pair of tighty whiteys on the floor, which was probably soaked in urine.

Anyways, back home after a late night meal, and here I am writing a blog before noon. I should be sleeping in shouldn't I?

May 10, the start of summer break. So, what now given the ample time I have now to do whatever the hell I want. Well, definitely going to start biking daily again. Hopefully work at AARCC part time for the duration of the summer. Aside from that there is also Dragon Boat Racing, SIGGRAPH, get a weekend job, paint, photoshop, and probably get some readings in and some gaming time.

Hopefully this summer will be a great one, one which I progress instead of being lazy.

No comments: