Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Let the Days Stroll

The first few days of summer break seemed more hectic as the last days of school, but in a good way. My uncle Dan and aunt Pat came to visit all the way from California, so, it was a nice start to my break. His son works at Pixar and I asked him to see if I can get some internship info because that would be a sweet deal.

Anyways, I'll start with Monday. We had dim sum, and off the adults went to mill at work, and I was left with all the time in the world. I decided I'll stick with them for the morning hours, as we strolled all the way to US Cellular for a walk we stumbled upon a teen education event on "driving skills" though I thought the whole program was askew since the drivers were basically drifting and speeding, I think they were influencing a wrong group of people. Plus, we got yelled at for walking onto the course.

We then walked back to Chinatown and I showed them Ping Tom park, a place no tourist will ever stumble upon, and is a nice place to go.

Later on I dashed all the way to AARCC to squeeze in some hours and to the staff dinner. On the way to the dinner, with Elvin being the driver, we took a detour downtown and I was a movie guide pointing out various scenes of the new Dark Knight movie as we went down LaSalle, and when we made our way back to 290 it was comic book talk all the way, leaving Melissa out of the loop.

The dinner was fun, the food was great. Though my dumplings were a sad excuse of a dumpling. (I have failed you in the art of dumpling making father.)

That was all Monday folks.

The two days were a drag. After saying goodbye to my aunt and uncle Tuesday evening as they made their departure to Boston.

I really didn't anything productive the last 2 days, though I did dub this week R&R I feel like I should be doing something besides sleeping. I get restless when I'm not doing anything and bored when I'm doing something. I do have a strange logic don't I?

-David M.

No comments: