Monday, November 3, 2008

A 6 Pack of Work-a-hol and an Blank Notepad

Though, I thought I figured out a work schedule that could work in theory. I find myself crashing really hard after exerting myself x amount. I guess the reference of work-a-hol might be a bad metaphor or right now is just me hung over. I guess a better example would be crashing after a sugar rush. Regardless, I feel a bit weary, and my mind is all over the place. Regardless, I'm going to stick to the plan and get this over with. This ordeal is only going to last another 5 weeks and at most 6. Though, I didn't know why I was rushing when I find out assignment is actually due next week, I found it out to have 2 assignments back to back, or maybe anxiety on tomorrow's crit. I really don't know, I just want it out of the way right now.

I'm glad my friend is finally out of the hospital, but though the ordeal is probably not over for him yet. He still has a long way to fight, given that now he has to take shots for his blood sugar level. He does realize he has to change his lifestyle, which is a good thing; I hope he sticks to it by any means necessary. I hope I can find sometime to help him along in this process. Though, I do not understand sometimes why I do the things I do, is it all in good conscious? or do I do these things to reap the glory of being a good guy. I personally think is the first choice, but sometimes I feel like I'm putting on a facade in front of others because they hardly think of doing things without a reward. Lately, I've been meeting people or at least get to know people a lot better and realize that they too have similar characteristics, perhaps I've always been in the wrong crowd. Though, sometimes I think this "niceness" transposes itself in a way that makes people uncomfortable, though I do realize it when I think I cross the line. However, I never find solutions to these situations. I usually just walk away, and it feels kind of cowardly of me, and is a characteristic I need to work on. Especially, during a talk I attended this evening, I should put myself outside my comfort zone and maybe I should get beaten and bruised a little, before I learn how to fix this issue. Though, I usually back away when I since tension, I should probably learn to step beyond this boundary.

Lots of things are crossing my mind lately and my brain is having a hard time digesting all of this. It'll be nice if I can break it down and flush it down the toilet after I absorb the nutrients of this clutter.

Also, don't forget to vote tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nik said...

If your sincerity and apathy make people feel uncomfortable, they need to have their hearts thawed, maybe even transplanted. But you know, no matter what, don't change... cause this world needs good guys!