Saturday, October 11, 2008

A lot of this and a lot of that...

So lets start on a lighter note before we start using the pencil to create a darker shade (well not that dark). I'll begin with WIRED's Nextfest. I wasn't planning to go in the beginning, but word of Brainball/Mindball got me interested, so, I decided to make it an AAMP outting and invite the lot of freshmen and mentors to join me as we venture to Millenium Park for an eventful evening. Though, I didn't expect us to stay so late, haha, but it was worth it. First we were astound by the material d3o and its practicality that we had to take a picture with the mannequin. d30 is a rubber material that hardens on contact and dissipate the force.


Then shortly after one game of Brainball we decided to check out the Toyota section only to run into a tech demo, and lucky enough most of us had a chance to testdrive the I-Real even though it wasn't anything revolutionary, it was still fun.


Anyways, I won plenty games of Brainball, but my night ended in a single handed defeat, what a downer. All in all the night was a memorable one, and I wished more people would have came to enjoy the exhibit.

Amongst, some discovery I found out that Jay Chou's album is coming out NEXT WEEK! or this WEEK, or to be more accurate, 4 DAYS! Though, it was leaked, I only heard snippets and I'm already liking the song, "Our Promised Happiness" though I don't understand a single word of it, I really feel the emotions within the song, and I can't wait for the translated lyrics to come out along with the album.

However, summarizing the week at its end I found myself given several opportunities to face a situation I really wished to resolve, but in the end I'm still too much of a coward. In no time it'll be a year and I realize I can't really act upon my words, and it just pains me to realize I am able to accomplished several feats these couple semester, but opening my mouth and trying to patch up a situation seems like a mountain of work and I find myself cowering again in my "confidence". Though, this is only a small facade of my daily regiment and my moment of brooding, though I want to able to clarify myself instead of running away from such a situation.

After reading another's blog the writer is doing a critical self-reflection of oneself, I find myself doing this all the time and one thing I always want in such a time is an ear to pour my words into, I hope she would find that ear to pour these thoughts into.

-David M.

No comments: