Saturday, October 25, 2008

School on a Saturday

I didn't go to sleep till around 1 a.m. trying to put together to plausible presentation for this interdisciplinary session at school. Things were looking grim to the last hour, but surprisingly it worked out and I'm grateful for all that occurred during the dwindling hours of the evening. Even though I had a little of Murphy's law going on, things were balancing out. Though I went to sleep with probably a sinking feeling of things going wrong.

Come show time or at least prior I hit the snooze several time before I was willing to wake up. Though, I still got there an hour early than I was supposed to. Slowly the meeting room started to fill as my class was still just working outside, this overwhelming feeling of presenting in front of grad students was a bit overwhelming, especially trying to demonstrate that we are "competent" amongst them. Even though I pulled up the wrong pdf for my presentation I believed I faired pretty well after I pulled up the right file, haha. Anyways, it was an interesting session, I thought it would have been a snooze fest, or a very intimidating scenario. However, I found myself being really attentive to other presentation and it just brought up my morale for what's going to happen in the next couple of week for class.

No comments: