Tuesday, February 10, 2009

21

Yes, I stepped on a huge milestone without much effort besides, eating and sleeping to get to where I am today. Is my birthday, and as I was told the day prior; I shouldn't be mopey, and so no mopey post today.

As far as 21st birthdays go, mine was pretty sober; not like I was planning to get shit faced today anyways. Though, today a lot of good sentiments were felt, and for that I'm truly happy about; though I didn't received any brownies today which would had been awesome given I was hungry around 11-2.

It was a world shattering birthday given I turned 21, with records high for February 10th.

However, I wouldn't call it my birthday till I listen to my favorite birthday song which is pretty mopey, but I've always make it a point to listen to it every birthday for the last 4 years.

Without further adieu, Jay Chou's cover of "Wish Me a Happy Birthday",



Lyrics
I know being sad cannot change anything
So
Let me be a bit honest
Honest
And there isn't any uncontrollable lead offs
As long as you close your door
You need not take notice of anyone

Sitting in the empty box in a theatre by myself
Mobile
Let it rest for a night
Difficult
Want to cut off the frame of memories
The tears cannot fall after 12 O'clock

Happy Birthday
I say to myself
The candle is lit
Loneliness is cold
Happy Birthday
The tears have also melted
I have to thank everything you gave and took away
Still love you
With a bit of hatred
Still need time
To balance
The scar of passionate love
The frames are reborn
I have to thank you
Wish me happy birthday

-David M

No comments: