Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jury Duty

Today was my first instance of performing civil duty; it sucked. After watching the "How to be a Juror" video, it was already 10. All I did with my free time was reading Free Culture, I must admit it's probably the first scholarly book I read. I went through half the book in the assembly room. 11:15, nothing happened. They told us we can get lunch, the canteen was on the first lower level, and all that was, was some over price vending machines.

After returning, I notice the guard sorting checks, I assume we can go; it's too good to be true isn't it? Shortly after the announcement from the receptionist telling use that the only case of today was canceled and were free to go after receiving our checks. My first time a juror, nothing happened. I was kind of happy and disappointed at the same time. I've been too dam busy to worry about jury duty, and I would have been happier painting oppose to sitting in on a trial. Though, I've always been optimistic of my first instance of civil duty, guess they just clashed at the wrong point.

-David M.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Timothy Evans appeals to your sense of civic duty!