Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break: Sum It Up

I would be lying if I didn't had fun during break, but lets just say they were instances, oppose to something more solid or continual. I did had some R&R days, but I spent most of break being "productive", though being productive doesn't necessarily mean you'll be where you want to be.

Friday: History of Design canceled, went to school to paint; could not get into it. After my communications class, I wandered. Ended up being recorded for a "You're watching WTTW Chicago, Channel 11!" I forgot what those things are called (is at the tip of my tongue). Continued wandering, only to meet acquaintances of a friend; they were interesting to say the least. Got home, played Resident Evil with some friends till late.

Saturday: Beated Resident Evil; had to get it out of the way. Ended Spring Break there (kind of).

Sunday: Starting on work, started on tutorials for my 3D modeling class. Wish she just gave us time to work on our final project instead; guess it wasn't her style. Richard stopped by, productivity ended. At least I manage to finish the tutorial. Did not get to reading up on tutorials on facebook API.

Monday: Went to renew license, I liked my new picture it looks normal to say the least; Carla thinks I look like a stoner, or at least someone that is up to new good. Dislike the new cards. Afterwards, pissed away $30 bucks on painting materials. Spent 4 hours painting. Actually, got a lot of work done (I guess walking away from projects and coming back to it does help). Spent the evening playing with Vinh on Resident Evil for the remainder of the night, actually throughout the week we played Resident Evil from 10-1.

Tuesday: Semi-break, Semi-work. Headed towards the MCA to see Buckminster Fuller exhibit, amongst other exhibits; killed two birds with one stone. Went to lunch shortly after at a Hot Dog place, was ok. Friends find Design friends to be interesting; glad that they weren't stereotypical art kids or hipsters. Went back on campus with the assistance of Brandon and Rachel recorded my motion data. Now James can stop bugging me about it. Afterwards, stop by AARCC to brainstorm ideas for AARCC/AAMP drama with Brandon and Rachel. Don't know if it was productive or not. Hopefully, a script will be written and some footage shot. Here's to hoping.

Wednesday: Back to painting. Started at 10. Aaron and Ramon were present, discovered Phoenix through the painting session; new albums added to iPod. Took a short lunch break, seems Aaron and Ramon has dreams about each other that are basketball related. Onions in gyro seem to be really strong, felt dehydrated afterwards, throat pain followed the next day. They left at 4; quitters. I was close completion, decided to finish. I actually finished; joy ensued.

Thursday: Went to the lake around 9 with Teng, did some jogging; jogging well half awake is a bit hard. Started on working on my male character which I started; mainly touch up work. Started on the ear, and fixing details. Shortly, into the afternoon Teng and Simon stopped by. Later, Wayne then Danny. A little childhood friends reunion occurred. At 4:30 made way down to Art Institute, Teng and Simon decided to come along. Teng had to make it a guy thing and started counting girls he found attractive. My response, "..."

Friday: Finished a lot of details for my first character. Not satisfied at point of progress. Was planning to model out all characters and redo the scene. Only one character complete at this point; well sort of. Watched Slumdog Millionaire in the evening later on. Half-way in I get a phone call from the nurse at the nursing home, my grandfather is declining; could be any day now, any day has been the term for the last 3 months going on 4.

Saturday: Working on 3D modeling stuff. Went to see grandfather, seems like he's about to go. Will he?

Sunday: Started to update my scene file. Nurse calls again, telling me my grandfather is "changing". I guess the urgency of this whole situation is about to come into fruition.

I don't know what to say about this Spring Break. It had is moment, it has been the most productive one to say the least. No matter, how much work I put in can't expect miracles to happen. Will my grandfather go this week? I wrote that he was about to go 2 weeks ago, but he seem to recovered, but now he's back in the same situation...

Four more weeks, I wonder how this will all end. March was a bad month. I'm not looking for April.

-David M.

No comments: