Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Take Out His Eyes"

For the last couple weeks, I've been having strange sequences of images/dreams. Mostly involving my left eye. I don't know why, it's taken me so long to come up here to write about it, but I feel like now that I have the time, I should. The sequence goes, as such, I'm being held down as someone comes forward and plucks out my left eye.

Though, the eye isn't the only type of graphical image I see playing in my mind. I feel, I don't know what exactly what I'm feeling. Though, I have the same sequence play, but instead of removal of the eye, is removal of a wooden mask, I'm too lazy to sketch out from memory. Though, I was sketching eyes the last week, it almost carried a humanistic trait as I drew the nerve. The eye is looking at the nerve, like its own hand; self-realization.

I know is dumb that I consulted these graphic meanings with a dream dictionary, but it seems like it revolves around a couple of things.

Eyes - To dream that your eyes are injured or closed, suggests your refusal to see the truth about something or the avoidance of intimacy. You may be expressing feelings of hurt, pain or sympathy.

The left eye is symbolic of the moon, while the right eye represents the sun.

Masks: To dream that you are wearing a mask, signifies temporary trouble due to some misunderstanding and misinterpretation of your actions and conduct. Alternatively, you may be pretending to be someone you are not. Or you are trying to hide your true feelings. If you have trouble taking off your mask, then it suggests that your true self is lost or blurred.


Avoidance, refusal to see, misunderstanding, self-identification?

I don't know. Am I really avoiding something? Is there something I'm not wanting to see? I think I've been dealing with the issue of misunderstanding long before these repetitive sleep patterns and day dream images. Self-identification, am I really who I am, I for one believe I'm a person with nothing to hide, so, I wonder why am I seeing myself in a mask?

Hmmmm...I guess I have to sit on it, at best sleep it off.

-David M.

No comments: