Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Read People Too Well, or Just the Family

I was wondering why my normally lazy brother was working so hard these last two weeks. Though, I had it was a hunch it was probably a girl; it's always a girl. I was joking with my mother throughout the week about this.

In the last two days, he was given privileges to the car because I've been busy with school and I haven't been able to do any follow-ups for my grandfather besides the late afternoon one's which are very few. Besides the fact, he's been taking the car out for let's just say "joy rides" for a lack of a better word after he's done with whatever he does, and gets home around 3 in the morning. As concern parents go, they stay up and wait for him, and calling him in increments. When he arrives home, his only excuse is a dead battery on his phone; which seems to be the problem all the time.

So, last night while I was at Joyce's I get confirmation from my friend Lisa via text that my brother is out having dinner with a girl; I realize I have a spy network when I got the text, haha.

Being single for 20 years (going on 21) maybe I'm unable to relate with my brother, but I do not think a girl constitutes parents being worry about where their son; let alone an irresponsible one at that. Also, the fact that he abuses privileges given to him, in which my parents can easily revoke due to many broken trusts he has shown my parents. In my mind, is just really immature and irresponsible of him to take trust and use it for his own "gains". Though, I'm sure the frequent readers here don't know my brother as well and is a bit unprofessional to simply tell you to take my word on this. I just can't see how one can inflict such pain on those that unconditionally care for him, for someone he barely knows at all while filling her head with false stories only for it to eventually blow over.

-David M.

No comments: