Saturday, January 10, 2009

In the End, All I'm Left with are these Thoughts (Winter Break After Thoughts)

Anyways, winter break is coming to an end. It's both a good thing and a bad thing; like all things in life. The good thing is I can finally see people I haven't seen in a while (I guess a month can be consider a while). However, the trade off is so long free time. Though, I would trade free time for a lot of things. On to the matter, this is a post of recollection of my break.

I'll start with the more lighter tone stuff. I seem to be an easy victim of being "kidnap" as our little trip to Urbana for contact lenses quickly became a sleep over, in which I didn't intend on staying, but I wasn't the driver. Thanks to a long game of pool that didn't end till 12-ish. Resulting in a 3 hour drive back to the city 5 hours later, where I'm scrapping the quickly frosted window, so, my friend could see. Than a couple days ago a simple trip with the same people to The Sport Authority ended up being a late night hot pot dinner at Mountain View, even though I told them I had dinner ready at home anyways. Either I'm easily influenced or good company, I still haven't figured that out.

On another note I might be one step closer as to knowing why people in A+D know me, or I get along so well with a majority of the students there. Is there an aura around me; yes I know it sounds pretty conceited, but there is reason. My friend Phil who is in Switzerland at the moment decided to keep in touch through flickr, and a recent photo of me and the comment of me being a ward for bad luck, haha. So now I'm going off the fact that I'm sort of lucky charm; sadly that picture was shortly removed.

One sad thing of having a to do list is when you put a bunch of back logged stuff onto it, you'll never get much done. In the end, it'll probably just gets you down, as it did with me. So, I didn't do much out of my list, mainly the productive stuff. I hope to squeeze in the free time I have the first week of school to work on it.

Anyways, I also come to a realization over break, not a realization, but a nagging thought that I'll always be the one that can do anything in this family; not limited to just my family. Which is what annoys me because when I up and leave, who do they have to rely on, and it all falls down like a deck of cards. However, that is not my concern really because someone will take my mantle, that's what the next generation is for anyways. What concerns me is that I notice a lot of bad traits in my family, has it always been there? or am I being too critical? These flaws I've never really noticed, maybe I've never paid attention. I've always believed that as time goes on people learn to work on these traits and improve on them, to me it just seems like they're degenerating and it really troubles me. Maybe adult life isn't that clean cut as it should be. As I always believed, "The smallest adults are kids, and the biggest kids are adults." I remember my high school English teacher quoting me on that once; it sure felt good, haha.

Also, I realize I don't hangout much with a lot of mature people, mainly people I grew up with. I mean, is great hanging out with them I get my greatest laughs just by hanging around with them. Though, is great having a variety of people to hangout with both mature and immature. I think is kind of therapeutic (for lack of a better word) to be at both ends of the spectrum.

Anyways, I think that's all I have to say, and probably all you can bear to read. So I'll end it at that. I'll see you when I see you.

-David M.

No comments: