Saturday, December 27, 2008

Being Fatherly

This has been a running topic that has been brought up amongst various friends, and last night it was brought up again. My friend Simon for some odd reason asked, "How would you prevent your daughter from conducting lewd acts?" (smartly reworded). My answer simply being, "get a shotgun, a cowboy hat, and a Southern accent."

Though, I find our conversations on parenting to be quite funny. For instance, Simon say he'll never let her daughter grow long black hair and she'll never where a white dress as he is terrified of the typical Japanese girl ghost, and I always rebuttal I'll buy he white dresses every birthday. Yaddy, yaddy, yadda. It always provide a fun and serious quirk to how we would raise an individual in the world.

Anyways, back on topic. He said I would make an intimidating father, and that struck me with an unbearable humor, as I am strangely geekish and far from intimidating. Though, he never gave me a direct answer he just said I would be. Though, from others I always get the opposite statement out of the blue as it being, I'm very fatherly, and that I would make a great father.

I however, think I'll be the most embarrassing dad in the world. Being to my geekish nature and my strange obsession with referencing things could only spell out one thing for young children, LAME! Who knows maybe my kids will be as geekish as me and we'll get along just fine. Though, the future does hold, but I am curious as to rather what kind of parenting skills I'll have; if I were to be one.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Well, from my experience so far with my two children, Kevin and Franklin, I've learned that parenthood can really surprise a person. You might just end up being that Super Cool Dad.