Saturday, December 13, 2008

Make My Day



Went to the the Universal Mind Control CD signing with Brandon. All in all it was cool meeting him for just a short bit. I think the fact I had the guy write on the post-it to have it signed to D. Mei, allowed me to spark a short conversation with the man.

As it went somewhere along the lines of,

Common: D. Mei? (at least it sounded right and a bit off)
Me: Mei (Correct pronouncation)
Common: Cool, where you from?
Me: Chicago.
Common: What ethnicity are you?
Me: Chinese

*Finish signing and handshake*

Though, I did think I sounded a bit angry or nervous, either of which I didn't really know and didn't really care, but it was cool.

However, I found this line in the song Universal Mind Control to be rather interesting,
"Southside boy we Cadillactic Charismatic, Asiatic, I hustle for mathematics"

He has to connect Asians with math. -_-"

P.S. Though the album wasn't that great. I did enjoy, Make My Day, Change, and Inhale. Hopefully Kevin's prediction is right and the next album should be as good as Be.

-David M.

No comments: