Monday, December 29, 2008

Ulitmate Fantasy

On the midst of reading a fellow blogger's blog, I gave it a long thought and thought it was indeed worth replicating if not totally rip-off. The context I presume is to describe one's fantasy/ideal life that we all strive to achieve, so without further Apu...

After graduation I'll try to find work in the city. Ultimately for the next two years build a solid demo reel to show employers and set off to the West coast. Though, as promising as that sounds I'll ultimately return to the city, because I love it to god darn much to leave it. I don't know how I'll meet the future Mrs. Mei (sorry, I don't know her name), but for some odd reason I think my wife will be a designer of some sort; a fashion designer to be exact (I don't know, I had that feeling since I was in eighth grade). We'll both be work-a-holics and travel all the time, and I'll always wonder how we ever married; cause of my geekish charms? We'll both be constantly traveling because of work, but never together. I'll be working on animation films, and maybe some game projects just to knock it out of my to-do list. On the side, I'll do some screen writing, and probably publish a book of my writings called, "Composition of the Bored." Gain a little silver of fame and wean my way into geek culture.

When we finally decide to have kids, one boy and one girl (hopefully this is accomplished the under two pregnancies). I'll give the kids really cool initials (like their pop's, DSM); only if the wife agrees. Though, I'm going to throw Ingrid in there some how. Shortly, after we'll move back to Chicago, and probably out into the boring suburbs because of the wife. I'll start a small advertising/design firm with some close friends from college call, "Inside the Outside Box" (ItOB) where we will dive into all sorts of commercial and personal projects. I'll probably never retire cause I love what I'm doing too much to stop.

Though, is all a fantasy...

2 comments:

Nik said...

Whatever you do, DO NOT move into the suburb of LaGrange. Too. Many. White. People!

DMei4 said...

I presume you're in LaGrange. I hope to stay in urban dwellings, but you'll never know. -_-"